Leave a comment
Vodka Midori Sour Melon Jello Shots
Wonderful tasting Vodka Midori Sour Melon Jello Shots for your party events or family gatherings. This recipe is for ½ of a honeydew melon. If you would like to do the full honeydew melon, double the amount of ingredients with the recipe.
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- Table Spoon
- 1 Honeydew Melon
- 1½ cups 1 1/2 Cups of Sweet & Sour Mix
- 6 oz Midori® Melon Liqueur
- 2 oz Iowa Legendary Rye Vodka
- 2 env Knox Gelatin unflavored gelatin
- Prepare the Honeydew MelonCut the honeydew melon lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the melon leaving about ½ inch (about ⅛ inch) of flesh in the melon. Place the honeydew melon in a bowl.Note: Place a towel between the melon and the bowl to keep the melon upright and secure.
- Make Midori Sour GelatinPour Midori and vodka into a bowl or container. Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquors. Let it stand for about one minute.Boil 1 ½ cups of sweet and sour mix and pour it into the gelatin mixture. Stir well until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Refrigerate the Midori Sour JelloFill the melon all the way to the rim with the midori sour gelatin mixture and place it in the refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Slice the Honeydew MelonOnce the gelatin is firm, cut the ends of the honeydew melon with a warm sharp knife. Then, slice the melon in half from one end to the other.Note: Run the knife under hot water and dry it. A warm knife makes it easier to slice the gelatin.
- Make Midori Sour Jello WedgesUsing a warm sharp knife, slice the two honeydew melon pieces into wedges. Place the midori sour jello wedges on a plate and serve.