Pink Greyhound Jello Shots Recipe
Pink Greyhound Jello Shots Recipe with Iowa Legendary Rye Vodka adding an extra layer of sweetness to the servings.
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- Baking Pan
- 1 Tablespoon
- 3 medium grapefruits
- 1¼ cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 envelopes knox gelatin unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Iowa Legendary Rye rye vodka
- Prepare the Grapefruit PeelsSlice the grapefruits lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp all the way to the pith without breaking the rind. Place all the grapefruit peels on a muffin pan to keep them upright.Note: If you don't have a muffin pan, use 2 oz plastic cups instead.
- Prepare the Pink Greyhound GelatinPour rye vodka into a bowl or container. Sprinkle the gelatin over the vodka. Let it stand for about one minute.Boil 1 1/2 cups of Ruby Red grapefruit juice and pour it into the gelatin mixture. Add sugar and stir well until the gelatin and sugar particles dissolve's.
- Refrigerate the Grapefruit Jello ShotsFill the grapefruit halves all the way to the top with the pink greyhound gelatin. Place the muffin pan in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least four hours or until firm.
- Slice the Pink Greyhound Jello ShotsRemove the grapefruit halves from the refrigerator. Using a sharp warmed knife, slice the grapefruit halves into wedges. Place onto a party planner .Serve and Enjoy.