Vodka Lemon Drop Jell-O Shots
- Baking Pan
- Lemon Squeezer
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup
- 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Large Lemons
- 1 Cups Rye Vodka Iowa Legendary Rye
- 3 oz Lemon Flavored Jell-O Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Prepare the Lemon PeelsSlice the lemons lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the guts all the way to the zest without cutting into the rind. Place all the peels on baking pan to keep them upright.Note: If you don't have a baking pan, use 2 oz plastic cups instead.
- Time to Make Lemon Drop JelloSqueeze the juice from the pulp of the lemons use a lemon squeezer for a total of 2 ounces of lemon juice.Boil a ¾ cup of water for . Place the gelatin mix in the bowl, add boiling water. Stir well until the gelatin dissolves. Add the cup of rye vodka then lemon juice.
- Place the Lemon Drop Jello Shots in the RefrigeratorFill the lemon halves all the way to the rim with the lemon drop gelatin. Place the baking pan in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for four-hours or until firm.Note: Use 2 oz plastic cups to hold the lemon halves upright in the refrigerator while jello is setting up.
- Cut Wedges then Sugar CoatRemove lemon halves from refrigerator. Use a sharp knife, slice the lemon halves into wedge shapes.Place wedges on a small plate, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar on and around wedge. Dip both sides of the lemon wedges into the sugar to coat them.Enjoy these Lemon drop wedges on family occasions, parties, or get togethers.